Sunday, April 26, 2015

Duke's Baby Blessing

Today was such a special day for us, Duke's baby blessing! All morning my heart was so full. I watched a Mormon Channel video about marriage that popped up on Facebook, and it made me bawl like a baby... I knew I wasn't off to a good start. I have been so overwhelmed with gratitude about my little family. Chad gave the sweetest blessing to Duke at church. He started off the blessing saying that he is our little miracle, and I completely lost it. Thinking about all that could've gone wrong during my 16 weeks of bed rest and my strict situation, but didn't, and how blessed we were throughout my whole pregnancy is truly a miracle. I will be forever grateful for our little angel and I hope he knows how much we love him!!!

(Duke was so concerned about wearing his little suit. Don't worry Duke, you'll never have to wear it again ;)
Duke was perfect during Sacrament meeting. He slept in my arms up until his blessing, and then during the blessing, he just stared at Chad. Chad said it was the cutest thing ever. (+ the audience did the biggest awe when Chad showed him after the blessing. It was so cute!) We had a little luncheon at our house after Sacrament. It was fun to have both of our families together! We are so grateful for our amazing support from both of our families.

{PS you're looking at the new CTR 6 primary teachers! We are so excited to teach together!}

Grandpa & Grandma Weitzeil

Grandpa & Grandma DeVore

All of my siblings that came to the blessing. Left to right: Christine, Stephanie, Sean, me, Amy. (P.S. Sean is holding a cane, he's not just awkwardly pointing downward...he had a tumor removed from his leg a couple weeks ago)

Love this handsome man of mine!!

Piper & Duke





 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment