Thursday, February 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Chad!

I have anxiously been waiting for this day in a long time.... Chad's birthday!! I absolutely love birthdays. I love any chance I get to craft, bake, and buy presents... three of my favorite things. Since this is his golden year (he turned 27 on the 27th), don't worry, I just found out what that meant today... I decided the day needed to be full of surprises... cause, this is only a once in a lifetime thing!

To start the day off on a good note, I woke up early and made Chad breakfast in bed. Pancakes, eggs and bacon... our favorite! 


If you would like to try it out for yourself, here's the recipe....

Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups yellow or white cake mix
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2-3 tablespoons sprinkles
  • for the glaze
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • more sprinkles
Instructions
  1. Combine flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
  3. Add milk mixture to your dry ingredients, mixing well to remove any large lumps (little ones are ok.)
  4. Preheat griddle to 350 degrees or if using skillet, use medium heat. Griddle/skillet is ready when sprinkled water "dances" on hot surface.
  5. Lightly grease with butter or oil. Pour batter, approximately 1/4 cup, onto hot griddle, lightly add a few sprinkles to each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until batter starts to bubble around edges, flip pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden. Remove from griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
  6. Prepare the glaze, combine ingredients and whisk until no lumps remain. If thick add a bit more milk. Pour over hot pancakes, add some more sprinkles on top and enjoy


During lunch, I picked up some cupcakes at The Sweet Tooth Fairy and surprised Chad at work. We then went to Terra Mia for lunch. 


If you haven't been to Terra Mia, you're really missing out. We absolutely LOVE the margarita pizza... definitely our favorite.



After work, I rushed home to set up the 27 balloons in the bedroom. At the bottom of each balloon was a picture of us, and on the back was one reason why I love him. He was definitely surprised. He said this was his favorite surprise... how cute!







I got Chad some new Nike Free Runs, a Brave's hat, and a vacuum so he can change the oil in our cars.





One of our favorite restaurants is the Chef's Table. Since it is pretty expensive, we only go there on special occasions. Chad ordered a filet mignon and I ordered a New York Steak.... so good!


Next on the agenda was the Lego movie. We have heard so many great things about this movie. Not only that, but it received like a 90% on rotten tomatoes, which is really good, so we decided to give it a shot. Let's just say, it definitely wasn't our favorite movie of the year, but at least it kept us sort of entertained. 

Surprisingly, I have never made a cake before, so I decided to go all out on my first one... a 4 layer cake! Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to come up with a fun one.







 I am so grateful for my genuine husband, I really am the luckiest girl in the world to have him. He is the most selfless, loving, caring and kind man I know. For the 3 years I have known him, I have never seen him angry or upset... he seriously is the sweetest guy I know, and I am so grateful to have him for eternity. Happy Birthday Chad, 27 never looked so good. Thanks for being my partner in crime!

 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment