This really hit close to home because Pocahontas is my 12th great grandma. What are the chances that she would be sealed on a Wednesday night, in the Timpanogos temple and in our exact sealing room? I would say chances are pretty slim. I am so grateful that we were able to be apart of her sealing. I know that it wasn't just a chance that this happened. I am so grateful for the gospel and I know that it's true!
Friday, June 21, 2013
Temple Inspiration
The past couple of days, I have had this feeling that Chad and I needed to go to the temple. There are so many temples close to us, we are so lucky to have them just minutes from our house. It had been a while since we had last been, and I felt prompted that we needed to go.
We decided to go with some of our friends to the Timpanogos temple to do sealings. I love doing sealings at that temple because it brings back memories from our sealing (it's almost been one year!). As we were about half way done with our session, the Sealer announced that the next family that was going to be sealed was from Virginia in 1575. As the selaer read the names, he became surprised. The couple was going to seal Pocahontas to her parents. One of the ladies in our group does genealogy and said that that was the actual Pocahontas because she was born in Virginia in 1575 and that was her dad's name (I went home and researched to make make sure she was correct).
This really hit close to home because Pocahontas is my 12th great grandma. What are the chances that she would be sealed on a Wednesday night, in the Timpanogos temple and in our exact sealing room? I would say chances are pretty slim. I am so grateful that we were able to be apart of her sealing. I know that it wasn't just a chance that this happened. I am so grateful for the gospel and I know that it's true!
This really hit close to home because Pocahontas is my 12th great grandma. What are the chances that she would be sealed on a Wednesday night, in the Timpanogos temple and in our exact sealing room? I would say chances are pretty slim. I am so grateful that we were able to be apart of her sealing. I know that it wasn't just a chance that this happened. I am so grateful for the gospel and I know that it's true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment