Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. Parades, food, fireworks, swimming, BBQ's, family....doesn't get much better than that. Can I just say that holidays are 10x more fun with a child? I am so excited to introduce Duke into all of our families traditions. The 4th is one of the biggest traditions in the Weitzeil family. We have been going to the Freedom Festival parade in Provo for my entire life - I haven't missed a single year! All of my cousins come down and spend the night at my parents house. To say it's a party would be an understatement.

On July 3, we spent the day (and every other child in the Orem/Lindon area) at the Lindon pool. It was so packed, the pool was at it's maximum capacity. I had never seen a pool hit its limit before. We swam with cousins and cooled down in the 100 degree weather. That night, we ate dinner at my parents and did fireworks.



On July 4th, we got up super early to claim our spot for the parade. We have been sitting in the same spot as long as I can remember, and for some odd reason, it's always available. We don't campout or lay blankets days before, like most people, because we know it will be available - and it always is. It's funny because we don't actually watch the parade. Instead, we stuff our faces with otter pops, Swedish fish, tootie fruties and hot tamales... just to name a few. I look forward to the parade just for the sweets that get passed around ;)

It was such a fun weekend and I loved being able to spend it with our families!











 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment