When I heard there was a baby contest at the Orem Summerfest, I was determined to enter Duke. I may just be biased, but I think he's pretty darn cute. I know it's just a silly contest, but I was so anxious for it. I can't imagine being a mom on that TLC show, Toddlers & Tiaras. I bet their nerves are all over the place.
We showed up to the contest at 9 am. It was categorized by age group, so Duke was in the 4-6 months. The judging process was easy, we went up to the table where the judge was sitting and showed her Duke. Of course, as soon as she started talking to him, he got SUPER happy and was smiling like crazy. She said, "OK that's it. He won. He is way too cute to handle. I definitely have to take a picture of him so I won't forget him." I didn't see her take a picture of the two contestants ahead of us, so I was convinced he was really going to win. She played with him (and his Popeye arms that she couldn't get enough of), and we went on our way.
We decided to go to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast, since we were starving. We hardly go out for breakfast, so it was such a treat!
{PS don't mind my awkward face, I thought Chad was just taking a picture of Duke... but his smile and outfit are just too cute to not post}
We showed up to the contest at 9 am. It was categorized by age group, so Duke was in the 4-6 months. The judging process was easy, we went up to the table where the judge was sitting and showed her Duke. Of course, as soon as she started talking to him, he got SUPER happy and was smiling like crazy. She said, "OK that's it. He won. He is way too cute to handle. I definitely have to take a picture of him so I won't forget him." I didn't see her take a picture of the two contestants ahead of us, so I was convinced he was really going to win. She played with him (and his Popeye arms that she couldn't get enough of), and we went on our way.
We decided to go to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast, since we were starving. We hardly go out for breakfast, so it was such a treat!
{PS don't mind my awkward face, I thought Chad was just taking a picture of Duke... but his smile and outfit are just too cute to not post}
We headed to the mall to do some shopping, and ran into the Gardners, they recently had quadruplets. When I had my cerclage surgery and was placed on bed rest, I immediately felt such a connection to Ashley because she went through the same thing around the same time. Although I didn't personally know her, I just followed her on Instagram and Facebook, I felt like I could relate to everything she was going through. It was so fun to talk to them and see their beautiful baby girls!
At 3pm we headed back to the Summerfest to get the results of the contest. Duke placed 1st in his category! We are so proud of him. It's hard work being cute ;) The doTERRA supervisor stopped me and asked if she could take our picture to post to their Instagram, so that was fun! This is what she posted...
Duke won a basket full of goodies. Inside was 2 blankets, a ball, stuffed animals, coupons to a couple restaurants, 2 books, a t-shirt, and some candy.
Since he won 1st place, we got to ride in the parade! The fire trucks were right behind our float and were honking their horns the entire route, which is the worst idea ever. A couple of the babies were fussy because of it, which was a bummer. Luckily I brought a bottle, so as long as he was eating, he was a happy camper. Overall, it was a fun experience!











No comments:
Post a Comment