Sunday, April 13, 2014

WEEKEND

Well it's official, say hello to the newest adviser of the Mia Maids class. Today was my second week in class, and my first lesson, and I already love the girls. I am really excited about the opportunity I have to serve the beautiful 14-15 year olds. It's kind of an odd feeling to be teaching them, sometimes I feel like I should be in young women's, but I absolutely love my ward and am grateful to be a part of the church!



Yesterday, the Duffy's, White's and us put together a combined yard sale at our house. Us ladies stayed up till 4 am on Friday night getting prepared for it (plus a quick stop at Walmart to buy some lipstick). Everyone ended up sleeping over at our place since we had to be up by 6:30, which meant 2 hours of sleep, yay!




The yard sale was successful! We sold all of our items except for a few old clothes and shoes. We banked $350, not too bad considering we were going to throw all of it away! 
I was outside in the heat for 4+ hours, going on barely any sleep, hardly ate any food, and didn't drink any water... it was honestly so busy, it didn't even cross my mind. Around 1pm, it hit me... I was experiencing the symptoms of heat stroke. I came down with a fever and chills, and was very nauseous and dizzy. I spent the rest of the day in bed. I ended up sleeping from 2 pm-8 am (around 18 hours!) It's crazy the things your body can do without food, water, and sleep :)


 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment