Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Being together with family eating amazing food... it doesn't get much better than that. This year, we went to Garrett and Juliet DeVore's new house in Sundance. To say it's amazing would be an understatement. I have never seen a more beautiful house, on a more beautiful lot.

Dinner was spectacular. It was probably the best Thanksgiving I have ever been to. The turkey, potatoes, rolls, orange rolls, stuffing, ham and pies were definitely a 10 out of 10. Chad and I played a little basketball on their indoor basketball court to relieve our stomachs after the huge meal. 


Sadly, Bruno's brand new puppies caught some sort of virus. The Dr. thinks it might be herpes (also known as fading puppy syndrome), so 6 out of 7 puppies have died :( :( It really is so sad, but we are grateful there is one still going strong. Ashley and Shane, brought the puppy so they can feed her since she needs to be bottle fed every couple hours. Chad and I had the opportunity to feed her. She is so precious, I hope she can stay strong!!









Later that evening, I convinced Chad to do a little Black Friday shopping!! I'm not a huge Black Friday shopper, and I never have anything that I have to buy, but I love going just for the experience. Plus, I go every year and have to keep the tradition going :) We went to Traverse Mountain at midnight. Neither of us were in a mood to spend money (especially since we are saving to buy a house), so we didn't stay very long and didn't buy anything. It was just fun to be together!



There are so many things that I am grateful for, but I am especially grateful for Chad. He is the ying to my yang, he is the Portia to my Ellen, the piece to my puzzle, the peanut butter to my jelly. Most importantly, he is my partner in crime :) Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment