Chad and I have been wanting bikes since last summer, but we never got around to buying them. Ever since the city finished the Murdock Canal Road trail, that's right down the street from our house, it made us even more antsy. The trail goes down to Provo canyon and up north to Alpine (it might go further, but I'm not quite sure). It's nice because it's an easy ride and it's so beautiful.
We have been researching to find good, cheap bikes. Surprisingly, we found great ones at Walmart. I got a cute, Schwinn, black, beach cruiser and Chad got a sweet GMC road bike. As soon as we got home form the store, we headed down to the trail to test them out.
We had a blast until we decided to turn around and come home. My tire started bulging, which causes it to rub against the brakes. So eventually, I wasn't able to petal anymore because it was like I was constantly holding my brakes. We called Chad's dad to come pick us up. Chad, being the sweet husband that he is, carried my bike from Lindon to 2000 N in Orem, until we were able to get to the street. I was really bummed, especially since we had just barely bought it!
{At least there was a gorgeous sunset to cheer our spirits up}
{"Take a picture of this creepy stalker face" - Chad} >>>> he always knows how to make me laugh #besthusbandever
We took it back to Walmart and the "bike guy" was gone for the day so we left my bike there for him to fix it the next day. We went back today and picked it up. So far, so good. Lets just hope we don't have anymore problems!
I am so excited for our bikes, it's such great exercise and it's so fun to be outside in the beautiful weather together!
No comments:
Post a Comment