Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hair Loss

At the beginning of March, I woke up and found a patch of hair missing (about the size of a dime) just above my forehead. I was in complete shock. I had no idea how that much hair could've come out without me noticing. I thought it was extremely strange, but I didn't worry about it because I knew it would just grow back.


It has now been two months, and the patch of hair still hasn't started to grow back at all. After 2 months, you would think you would be able to see at least a little hair growth, but there was nothing. I looked up my symptoms online and decided I should probably see my Dr. just to be safe.

After checking out my head, the Dr. said it's most likely Alopecia (a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, especially on the scalp), but there is a chance it could be a fungus infection. He referred me to a dermatologist to have a biopsy done to determine exactly what it is.

My appointment is scheduled for May 20 with the dermatologist to get a biopsy. I am really anxious to get the results back. It makes me sad to think that that patch of hair may never grow back, and it may possibly spread and cause more hair loss. I am crossing my fingers that it's just a fungus infection so I can keep my hair. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment