{July 2011} - Chad had invited me to go hiking, but I just thought it was going to be a walk on paved ground up Provo canyon. Since I didn't know Chad that well, and I wanted to look good since it was our second date, I decided to wear a nice shirt, short shorts, jewelry and toms. When he came to my door to pick me up, he was in hard core hiking gear (gym shorts, tennis shoes and a t-shirt). "Are you going to hike in that?" he said. "For sure!" I said, not knowing that I would soon regret my decision.
Battle Creek canyon isn't a hard hike, I would've been fine in my Toms, except Chad decided that we were going to cross the fast paced river by climbing across a log that stretched over the river. The moment was like it was taken straight from an intense scene in a movie. Of course, Chad made it across easily, but I was nervous, so I was much slower. The river was deep and moving fast, if I fell, not only would I look like a dork, but I could get pretty hurt (we were about 4 feet in the air). I was nervous, but I didn't want to look like a fool, so I followed Chad. About half way across the log, my toms lost grip on the log, I lost my balance and slipped off the log. Luckily, I caught myself before landing in the water, but I scraped my thigh pretty bad. I pulled myself back onto the log and hurdled across the log. Blood was trickling down my leg. At the time, I was so embarrassed, but looking at the scar now, it will always bring back memories from that date.
Little did we know, 7 months later we would be getting engaged in the same spot that I made a fool of myself. That waterfall has been a memorable spot for us! We love going on hikes up there and remembering the great memories that we've had and the many more that we will have!


No comments:
Post a Comment