Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy 6 Months, Baby Duke!



He loves his daddy so much. It's the cutest thing! He always shakes and squeals when he gets home from work. I love my boys!

Clothing: 6-9 months, size 4 diapers

Bedtime: It used to be 8:30 pm until the 4th of July weekend. Since we kept him out late for 3 days in a row, it completely threw off his schedule and it's been tricky trying to get him on it again. Lately, he has been going to bed around 10:30pm.

Sleeping: I'm not going to lie, this has been a touchy subject lately. Duke has been waking up about 3 times a night, which has been rough! (except he slept all through the night last night, I almost cried I was so happy!) It's like going back to the newborn stage, and it's throwing me for a loop. We finally moved him into his own room, which has been so nice. He loves his crib and loves to sleep on his side/stomach. He still takes about 3-4 naps, each 45 minutes long.

Development:
-can sit up on his own!
-loves babbling, and saying "bababa" and "mamama"
-started baby food and oatmeal
-rolls across the room
-grabs anything and everything and puts it in his mouth
-responds to his name

Likes:
-to roll across the room (rolls to air vent and electrical outlets, time to baby proof!)
-loves to play under the couch (he looks like our little mechanic)
-loves to sit up and play with his toys
-books, especially the sparkly ones
-to chew on everything
-loves nursery rhymes, especially patty cake
-loves pounding on the piano keys
-loves anything electronic (phones, iPad, laptop...although we don't let him play with them ;)
-loves his vitamin D supplement I give him everyday. He seriously shakes with excitement when he sees it
-sucking anything cold
-likes oatmeal, carrots, squash, prunes

Dislikes:
-teething, teething, teething. This week has been especially hard. Poor baby is in so much pain and it breaks my heart. Hopefully his first tooth will break soon. Although he is miserable, he still manages to be happy. How did we get so lucky?!
-dislikes peas

New This Month
-first time eating solids
-roll across the room
-sit up on his own
-first solid poop (TMI?)
-won $50 gift card to Petco from a photo contest at Mckell/Packer Dental (photo of Duke and Bruno on the bed)
-Duke got a new cousin this last week, baby Mary (Ryan & Christine's new addition), was born on 7/22

Statistics:
He has his 6 month appointment in a couple weeks, so I'll update it then. I'm guessing he is around 20 pounds.



 



 Playing with his friend, Harvey



 Cuddles with Grandma Weitzeil








 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment