Today is the start of my 20th week, and I couldn't be more excited!! Yesterday we had my gender ultrasound, and I am proud to announce it's a BOY! Early on in my pregnancy, I had a vivid dream that I was having a boy. Ever since then I have had my heart set on a boy, so I literally screamed for joy when the ultrasound tech did the big gender reveal. I can't wait to have a lil' Chad running around!
Honestly, I would've been happy no matter what the sex of the baby is, all I want is a healthy baby. And by the results of the ultrasound, baby DeVore is as healthy as can be. He is in the 65th percentile for growth, measuring at 11 oz and has a normal spine and limbs. I decided to be tested for chromosome abnormalities, (also known as quad testing), where they draw your blood and can determine whether the baby is down syndrome or has any other defects, and the results came back completely normal. All I can say is I am one happy momma and cannot wait to meet this little boy!!!
The baby was facing towards my back, so we weren't able to see the face, but we were able to get a good view of the brain and spine.
We decided to announce the gender to our families with cupcakes. I baked cupcakes, cut out the center, filled it with blue frosting, put the filling back on, and covered it with white frosting. That way when you bite into the cupcake, it would reveal the gender. It was so fun to see everyones reactions.














No comments:
Post a Comment