Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Buns of Steel

What an eventful weekend. Lately, I have been craving movie theater popcorn with large/sickly amounts of butter. Because of this, we go to a movie at least once a week. We saw Guardians of the Galaxy on Friday and it was amazing!! Judging from the previews, it looks super cheesy, but we decided to give it a shot since it got almost a 5-star review. It was such a fun, witty movie. I would definitely recommend it!

On our way home from the movie, around 11:30 pm, we were driving up 1600 N in Orem and noticed a dog running in the street. Surprisingly, there was a lot of traffic and we decided to pull over and get the dog so it wouldn't get hit. Having 2 dogs, I would be so grateful if someone did that for our dogs.
 As we pulled over, we noticed a cop on a motorcycle that stopped in the middle of the road with his lights on to warn the oncoming traffic, since he couldn't pick up the dog. He started to stop the traffic so Chad could get the dog. All the cars stopped, except for one, and as Chad was picking up the dog, the car hit Chad's butt, going at least 30 mph, and left him on his back. At the time, I had run back to the car to turn it off, and when I came back, I thought the dog got hit, but a lady that was standing on the side watching said it was Chad. My heart immediately stopped and I sprinted to the car.
 Of course, I was expecting the worse, especially after seeing the dent in the car. Chad had already jumped up and said he was perfectly fine, he didn't even have a scratch. The driver pulled over and was so apologetic. Chad and I have always joked that he has buns of steel, and tonight it was proven to us... his little bottom is stronger than the car :) Chad posted a picture of the dog of Facebook and the next day, my friend said the dog was picked up from the shelter. We are just so grateful that someone was watching out for us. It was a miracle he walked away without an injury... plus we saved the little pug!

Photo: Melanie DeVore and I nearly killed this little girl on 1600 north in Orem tonight. We stopped to get her out of the road while a cop stopped traffic. Unfortunitly one car didn't stop. It hit me right on my the butt as I was picking up the dog, leaving me on my back. Shockingly, both the dog an I were fine, though my buns of steel left a dent in the car. 

We debated whether or not to keep her or ask people that lived near by if they knew who she belonged to. But it's almost midnight and we didn't want to introduce an unknown dog to the two we already have. We decided to let the cop take her to the Lindon shelter. 

If anyone knows who she might belong to be sure to let them know where she is and that she is safe. She is easily identified by what looks to be a tumor on her belly. We'll be calling the shelter on Monday to check up on her.

Saturday, we went with Chad's brother and girlfriend, Brett & Jacquie, to an art show in Ogden that she had a few pieces in. She is such an amazing artist and I want to have at least a couple pieces of her work in our house. We stopped at Blue Lemon at City Creek for some lunch. It was a great afternoon with them!!




 photo melaniedevore2_zps157479db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment