This weekend has been one of the best weekends in awhile. It has been such a busy Saturday, we could barely keep up with everything that was going on. Here's what our agenda looked like...
1. Since we camped out in our backyard, I was wide awake at 7 am... but Chad was able to sleep through the sunrise. So I decided to make a gourmet breakfast. Pancakes made from scratch, eggs, and bacon. It was so good, the scents from the kitchen woke up Chad outside :)
2. Now that we have a yard to take care of, we decided it's probably time to do some yard work now that our grass is almost dead. We were dreading buying a lawnmower, so we kept pushing it off. When we were out with Chad's parents last night, they said we could just have theirs, since they have someone come mow their lawn each week... good thing we waited! Anyways, we ran up to his parents and picked up the lawnmower... I was really excited. I love mowing the lawn!
3. We don't have any info about Lucy, our English bulldog. Since she is from Columbia, we don't know what shots she's had, how old she is, if she's had previous litters, etc. We took her and Bruno to the vet to get caught up on shots. Turned out Lucy had a double ear infection, poor dog!
4. Our niece, Chayse, was baptized this morning. She is such a cute girl! After her baptism, we went to Stephen and Sarah's house for a BBQ. We ended up leaving before we ate, so we grabbed a few desserts to-go.
5. We stopped at Ace Hardware to pick up some oil for the lawnmower and a hose attachment for our dead grass (we still can't figure out our sprinklers, hence why we have dead grass). One hour later, the grass was cut, fertilized, and watered... and we have a great tan :)
6. Chad got a free game of golf at Sleepy Ridge from work. This is my second year playing golf, and this is Chad's 15th year of playing golf... I don't think I need to say more except that he smoked me... it's embarrassing. We both just laugh about how bad I am. Hopefully I'll get better with time :)
7. We went shooting with our friends (the Duffy's, Russell's, Josh, and Jared). I didn't hit a single target, and I'll have a sore shoulder for the next week, but it was definitely worth it. Our friends sure know how to party.
{if you look closely, all of our eyes are closed... haha!}
8. We ended the night by watching the Warriors vs. Clippers in the playoffs. Sadly, the Warriors lost, so they are out of the playoffs :(
It's been an eventful couple days with great friends, fun family, and my loving, sweet husband. Happy Weekend!













No comments:
Post a Comment