We made it to American Fork and found ourselves at a complete stop due to traffic. Bad idea leaving right at rush hour. 4 cops and an ambulance squeezed through the shoulder of the road. That's definitely not a good sign. A few minutes later, we came up to the tragic accident. I couldn't help but peek out the window to see the damage. They had just pulled the man out of the smashed car and he was laying on the pavement about to be put on the stretcher.
This hit me real hard. It's like life stopped for a moment. I don't know if that man survived or not, it would be a real miracle if he did (judging by the looks of the car). My heart aches not only for the man, but for his family as well. I can't even imagine the heartache they are going through. It made me realize that we can't take life for granted. Life can change in a split second and who knows what lies in our future. I am grateful for that little wake up call.
On a brighter note, we enjoyed our little date night at City Creek. I tried convincing Chad to eat at Cheesecake Factory since we have a gift card, but the 50 minute wait didn't sound appealing to him. He convinced me into getting Chinese at the food court instead. Let's just say our stomachs were regretting that decision. I should've listened to my fortune cookie, "Fight for it. You will come out on top". Needless to say, it was a perfect night with my man.



No comments:
Post a Comment