Sunday, February 2, 2014

Breakfast of Champions

One of my favorite meals to cook is Breakfast. Since Chad and I have to be to work so early in the morning, I'm always grabbing a slim fast as I'm running out the door. Sunday is the only day I have to make a homemade breakfast, and I have started taking advantage of that.



This is one of my absolute favorite buttermilk pancake recipes, and it's so simple!

Buttermilk Pancakes
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, unbeaten
2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. butter, melted

Mix all ingredients together. Can be used for pancaked or waffles. 

If you're a chocolate lover like Chad and I, you will die for chocolate pancakes. It's like eating cookies for breakfast… so delicious!





Chocolate Pancakes
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. cocoa
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients, spoon onto hot pancake griddle. Top with powdered sugar and whipping cream.

Speaking of chocolate, every time we go to the mall, we HAVE to get a chocolate, or two, at See's Candies. It has been a fun little tradition that we have. We have become quite the chocolate connoisseurs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment