Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sunday Adventures

Our nephew, Josh, fell out of his bedroom window on Saturday while he was watching his dad mow the lawn. He fell 10+ feet and landed in a window well. He was unconscious and was flown to the Primary Children's Hospital. Chad and I drove up on Sunday afternoon to visit him in the pediatric intensive care unit. He fractured his skull and elbow. He is such a trooper for going through such a traumatic experience. He was in the hospital for 3 days and has recovered well.

Every time I go into a hospital, I always get sick. I get nauseous and feel like I am going to pass out (I have passed out twice before). I'm not sure why this always happens to me (it's probably seeing all the equipment and imagining all the procedures), but this time I came prepared with a Coke. We visited with them for 45 minutes.

Since we were in Salt Lake, we decided to go up to This is the Place Heritage Park. Chad had never been there before so we decided to make an adventure out of it. The park is representing when the Pioneers first came to Utah. It was fun to walk around and see the different statues and monuments.

No comments:

Post a Comment