Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Spirit

Christmas spirit has been ringing throughout the DeVore house today. From the various "Christmas scented" candles lit throughout the house, last minute purchases at the mall, "Deck the Halls" by Frank Sinatra playing on FM 100, all the presents neatly wrapped, placed and positioned under the tree, and most importantly, my fresh holiday painted nails (just kidding, of course) I can say we are ready for Christmas. Let the holidays officially begin!


Chad's mom made this cute decoration for us. It matches our living room perfectly. I love it!




When we went to Disneyworld in November, we decided to pick out our first ornament (since it's our first Christmas together) for our souvenir. This is what we came home with :)



I haven't had a real Christmas tree since I was a little kid. Growing up, my family always had a fake tree that we rolled up and put in the storage room. Chad and I decided to get a real tree since we don't have a lot of storage. When we got the tree, we were really diligent about taking care of it. We cut a few inches off the stem to allow the tree to soak up water and we made sure it always had plenty of water. A few days had passed, and we realized we completely forgot about watering the tree. By that time, the bottom of the tree had already closed up and so there was no hope for the tree. It has slowly died, and now it is completely dead. I turned on the lights for the picture, but other than that, we never turn on the lights because we are afraid it will start a fire. It's hard to tell in the picture, but we are lucky it's still standing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment