My first journal entry was in 2002, I was ten years old. Ever since then, I have had a hobby of writing in my journal. I felt like it was almost an addiction to me, I HAD to write every day, even if nothing exciting happened. It was a way to express my feelings, especially when I felt like I couldn't tell anyone else. I wrote everyday until I started dating Chad... then my time became more occupied :)
I had a neat experience last week. My day was super stressful and I had a lot on my mind. Sadly, I wasn't in the best mood, and I wasn't being the best wife... Chad can probably second that :) I had a thought to pull out my journals and skim through them. I have 10 journals that are in 3-ring binders, which equals to 100+ pages. The first post I turned to was from October 2011. It was an entry from my institute class. There was one phrase that particularly stuck out to me. This is what it said, "Anger is of the devil". I instantly felt bad for my the way I was acting. I quickly apologized and changed my behavior. I am so grateful for the inspiration I had at the moment to open to that specific page. Out of the hundreds of pages, why did I turn to that one? It was a testimony to me that God works in simple, but powerful ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment