Thursday, November 15, 2012

Red Eye Flight

2 months ago, our friends Colby and Rashell Nelson, invited us to go to Florida for a week with them. We have anxiously waited and the day has finally arrived!

Chad an I went up to the Nelson's house at 9 pm. Colby's mom was so sweet to drive us up to the airport. She saved us a lot of money instead of parking a car in the lot for a week. Rashell flew separately because she had to speak at a conference for UVU for the first 3 days. Colby's younger brother, Logan, came with us.

Rashell convinced me not to check a bag and to just take a carry on. I didn't think I'd be able to do it since we are going to be gone for a week, but I took her up on the challenge and was able to do it. Everyone in the group just had a carry on.

Our flight departed from Salt Lake City at 12 am. I'm not a fan of red eye flights, but I can't really complain since the tickets were super cheap. I took a sleeping pill so I fell asleep quickly once we got seated. There was so much turbulence on the plane. It woke me up and I was actually really nervous. It was stormy outside and the plane was really rocky. Luckily I was able to fall back asleep.

We landed in Charlotte, NC at 5:30 am for a 2 hour lay over. Chad and I found a spot on the floor in the airport and slept for two more hours. The sleeping pill really knocked us out!

At 7:30 am, we boarded our next flight and flew to Orlando, FL. The storage above the seats were completely full and so Logan wasn't able to put his bag up there so the flight attendant checked it for him. I slept the entire flight (2 hours). I was so glad I was able to sleep, it made the crazy night go by fast!

Once we landed, Logan went to the baggage claim to get his carry on while the rest of us went to get our rental car. After an hour of waiting, it was decided that Logan's baggage was lost. It got sent to Fort Lauderdale instead of Orlando... which wouldn't be a problem, except for he didn't have any tags on his bag since it was just a carry on. He left his info with the airport and they said they would call him if they received any info about it. I felt really bad for Logan, that's not the best way to start a vacation. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment